The latest from our COLUMNIST SECTION:
Tuesday, Feb 01, 10:35 AMMike S. Adams
Left State University
Sunday, Jan 30, 12:41 PMDoug Giles
Hey, Chris Matthews: I Like Big Guns and I Cannot Lie
Saturday, Jan 29, 09:16 AMMichael Coren
Defender to defendant
Saturday, Jan 29, 08:46 AMSalim Mansur
U.S. can’t afford to ignore world in crisis
Sunday, Jan 23, 07:37 AMDoug Giles
Rebellion to Tyrants is Obedience to God
Saturday, Jan 22, 08:32 AMMike S. Adams
Kermit the Dog
Saturday, Jan 22, 08:24 AMMichael Coren
Grief or glamour?
Saturday, Jan 22, 08:11 AMSalim Mansur
Tunisia just one Arab regime going stale
Friday, Jan 21, 12:00 PMTheo Caldwell
The TSA Tea Party
Saturday, Jan 15, 07:48 AMMichael Coren
Forget blame game
Saturday, Jan 15, 07:38 AMSalim Mansur
Beware of China’s meteoric rise
Tuesday, Jan 11, 09:12 AMMike S. Adams
Welcome to Personal Responsibility 101
Monday, Jan 10, 08:12 AMDoug Giles
Snookie’s Smut or Cowboy Values?
Saturday, Jan 08, 09:44 AMMichael Coren
Tube for lefty boobs
Saturday, Jan 08, 09:42 AMSalim Mansur
Bloody start to New Year
Wednesday, Jan 05, 04:42 PMAnn Coulter
Tuesday, Jan 04, 07:20 AMMike S. Adams
Does Fort Worth Ever Cross Your Mind?
Monday, Jan 03, 11:54 AMSteven Milloy
EPA’s Mercurial Hypocrisy
Sunday, Jan 02, 09:45 AMDoug Giles
2011 Resolution: Annoy the Left 365
Sunday, Jan 02, 09:35 AMDavid Warren
Robin Hoodism is on the rise
Free-Market Capitalist Consumer Information:
These companies choose to advertise on the
(Links lead to mailing addresses)
• AIG (insur)
• Air Canada
• AOL Travel
• Bank of Montreal ("BMO")
• Best Western
• Canada Protection Plan
• Canada Revenue Agency (!)
• Canadian Tire Fin Serv
• Chip Home Income Plan
• Cold FX
• Desjardins (insurance)
• Directbuy, Inc
• Edward Jones
• General Motors
• Grand and Toy
• Grey Power (insurance)
• H&R Block
• Hilton Hotels
• iContact email marketing
• Infinity (cars)
• Koodoo mobile
• Lens Crafters
• National Post
• RBC (Royal bank)
• Rogers Cable
• Shaw Cable
• Texas Travel
• The Co-operators (ins)
• Tim Hortons
Please read more here.
PTBC J-LogA conservative OPINION blog --with bite. OPINION by Joel Johannesen.
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
· I’m sure she’s a nice lady. But that was a train wreck.
· The CBC’s Peter Mansbridge informed Canadians that pastor Rick Warren was a “controversial choice” because of his social conservative views, especially on abortion, gay rights, and same-sex marriage. Apparently Barack Obama’s stand on gay marriage isn’t controversial (he’s against it).
· A musical interlude was a contemporary monstrosity performed by clichés in the classical music world (Yo-Yo Ma, yawn) and written by John Williams (yawn).
· Barack Hussein Obama finally sworn in. As Barack Hussein Obama. Whatdoyaknow. Hussein’s OK now. (Not “controversial”.)
· B. Hussein Obama said “so help me God”. P. Mansbridge also didn’t point out how “controversial” that was.
· Obama: “We will harness the sun!” And “restore science to its rightful place!” (No plan in place to lower the oceans, specifically.)
· Obama’s big speech was over the top, full of specious hyperbole, dramatic cadences, sounded like a sermon from an inner city church in Chicago. Or an Obama campaign speech. Already forgot most of it. No memorable lines that I can, well, remember. Bet Mansbridge will find one (once the chill up his leg ends…)
· After the swearing in, Mansbridge sounded shocked that the crowd was so “quiet” during the Obama speech, ignoring the possibility that they were simply “bored”. ... Ahhh…. CBC reporter Paul Hunter, out in the crowds, reports that it’s because they were “enraptured” by Him (Obama). Once again that’s “enraptured”. (Actual word used by the reporter, amongst several other overly exuberant descriptions just like it to explain it to Mansbridge, like: “He had them!” ... “they were listening to every word!” ... “soaking it in!”...)
· Outgoing VP Dick Cheney is reportedly another “controversial” figure, according to Mansbridge. (Maybe it’s owing to his being a capitalist ?)
· We are now informed by the ubiquitous university know-it all and Mansbridge co-host Melissa Harris-Lacewell from Princeton University, that Michelle Obama is “super smart”. Among other accolades. Why of course she is. All liberals are “super smart”. Ignatieff is “super smart”. Bill Clinton is “super smart”. Michael Moore is “super smart”. Jack Layton .... OK well he’s “vocal”.
· CBC reporter Adrienne Arsenault reports from Britain that for Americans overseas “for the past eight years” it has been “difficult”, “awkward”, and even that they experienced “outright hostility admitting you were an American”, but that it now suddenly seems to be changing! Now it’s cool! Starting today! (She was dead serious).
· Mansbridge called the war on terror the “Bush so-called war on terror”.
· Now we’re back to Canada where the former CBC show host and reporter and now the Liberal-leftist-appointed Governor General Michaëlle Jean informs Canadians that this is a new era of “hope”. Purely coincidental, I guess, that she apparently cottoned onto the Obama campaign rhetoric. Apparently there was no hope under Bush.
· CBC Newsworld anchor Suhanna Meharchand now pronounces that the swearing in was, and I quote, “spectacular and moving”. Trying to find the channel she was watching.
· They keep going back to some unknown CBC reporter in Canada who is reporting from a multicultural school, whose big thing is to ask the kids who’s “cooler”: Kanye West (an openly Bush-hating rapper, seen at left grabbing his penis—or “stimulous package”—at a concert for the kids), or Barack Obama. They all dutifully say Barack Obama is cooler. And then the anchor and reporter laugh about how “there it is: Obama’s even cooler than Kanye West!”.
· Over at the liberals’ CNN cable news division, their poll surprised me a little:
What’s your view of today’s inauguration?
Historic - 61%
Overhyped - 39%
That 60-40 split? After being instructed over and over and over again that this particular inauguration is “historic”? Have ya heard? Obama’s black! (Not that this is about race!)
· The CBC’s entertainment reporter Jelena Adžić informed Canadians just now that “the world hung onto Barack Obama’s every word today”. I did not know that. I wonder if the world hung onto George Bush’s every word in 2001. Probably not. (Neo-con.)
· The only Obama-luvin’ specious hyperbole that exceeded Barack Hussein Obama’s today was the CBC news team’s. Therefore their banner was quite fitting. It could also be applied to Kanye West’s Obama party.
· CBC’s reporter and one of Canada’s official taxpayer-paid state political opinionators (mostly the latter), Neil MacDonald, reports in his usual gracious way about Ted Kennedy, post Kennedy collapse at the inaugural lunch: “He has brain cancer, he has something growing in his head.” With regard to his cancer treatment: ”...he’s had his skull opened up….”. I smell a Pulitzer.
· CBC once again trots out their usual team of genius (and apparently totally apolitical, neutral, and objective!) “political analysts”, Jeffrey Feldman (not mentioned by the CBC of course: he’s a totally partisan and committed far-leftist who writes for the Bush-hating smear site the Daily Kos), and Rachel Sklar (who they also don’t mention is a left-wing partisan from the far-left Bush-hating Huffington Post), who both strained—insisted—reached—dare I say hoped!—that no matter what we all heard and what all “the critics” are already saying about Obama’s speech, Obama’s speech was, in fact, “powerful!” GREAT!, like John F. Kennedy great! (Words that spring to my mind after hearing their “analysis”: “history revisionists”, “delusional”, “pitifully partisan Obama apologists”, “typical CBC”... etc.). ... Rachel Sklar concluded that Obama’s “cool”. I smell bull poo.
Posted by Joel Johannesen on Tue, January 20, 2009 at 9:37:27 AM • If you think PTBC has no value, then don't pay anything for it. It will fade into the sunset. That's the free market at work.
• Spread the word! Email this to a friend | • Printer-Friendly | • Permalink
• Category: Unsorted +
C O M M E N T S
Comments do not necessarily reflect or in any way represent the opinion of the article-writer, or the owner of this site. Claims to the contrary are spurious.
We require you to to be registered, and comment under your real name (full name), email address, and location. **EXISTING REGISTRANTS: NOTE NEW POLICY FOR COMMENTS: you must ensure that your profile includes your real, full name, and a working email address. Only comments using a real, full name, will be allowed. If we don't know you, you may be asked to prove your identity. (See this article for more.)
From the speech transcript:
We will not apologize for our way of life, nor will we waver in its defense, and for those who seek to advance their aims by inducing terror and slaughtering innocents, we say to you now that our spirit is stronger and cannot be broken; you cannot outlast us, and we will defeat you.
Let’s hope he means it.
He should, he’s got the cream of the crop from Hollywood to service…er…serve him
P.S. Don’t watch without a bucket or sick bag near by…
Watched CTV early this morning, Frank McKenna was interviewed and was gushing all over BHO. Said that while on his recent trip to some African nations, the people there are all for “the One” and Frank even said he was the Messiah!!!
This from our former Ambassador to the US. Makes you want to throw your bowl of cornfakes right through the boob-toob!!!
“When white will do whats right? When the redman can get ahead man?”
Our world is very complicated and there are dangerous people out there with the sole goal to kill and disrupt regardless of how much the loopy left would like to beleive those all were GWB creations. They aren’t and won’t go away just because the “One” is now the president. I wish Obama the best in his job and pray that he is guided well.
I did chuckle during the swearing in (radio feed) and he stumbled over his words. Funny, I guess when a telepromptor isn’t avaiable he isn’t quite as elegant…
Apparently it was Roberts who flubbed the swearing in which then resulted in Obama being confused.
Ahhhh, thanks for the clarification. I will again have to elevate the ‘one’ to messiah again….
I am with Ward in the comment above.
After basically talking about “others” basically doing better…what the hell does “When the white man will embrace what is right” mean??? Who is the almighty that decides what is “right”? Right for whom?
Is this a sign of things to come??
Obama’s big speech was over the top, full of specious hyperbole, dramatic cadences, sounded like a sermon from an inner city church in Chicago. Or an Obama campaign speech. Already forgot most of it. No memorable lines that I can, well, remember.
:barf: Tune in FOX News.:barf: or CNN.:barf: or MSNBC.:barf: Or any network channel-Canadian or American. :barf: I guarantee you’ll have it memorized it in no time as it’s been played ad :barf: nauseum. :barf:
Terry Haryett says:
I am proud to say that I never saw hide nor hair of “the One” today. I stayed away from my TV.
But with a line like this.
“restore science to its rightful place!”
If He keeps his word, that is the end of “Global Warming”,. Because any real science ends Human caused climate change as a scientific fact. It is only a theory, and the theory has been disproven.
I was really mad when I heard on Fox tonight that when all the presidents came out they were each applauded but when George W came out, no clapping, and they booed him. You couldn’t tell that on TV, they probably edited it, but you could tell he didn’t get the applause those before him did. Not only that, they booed his wife and Mrs. Cheney. What kind of people do that?
I watched the whole thing this morning and when Bush came out all I could think was “Well my done, good and faithful servant.”
Uh, make that “Well done, my good and faithful servant.”
The boys from Brazil have finally attained power.